Monday, March 7, 2011

Achooclate! Bless You!


My mother is allergic to chocolate, or so she says.
Every time she eats some she has a sneezing fit for a few minutes. Instead of going to an allergist to see how allergic she is or decide to stop eating chocolate she just continues to shove it down her pie hole.


The other night my family and I went to a restaurant for dinner. Of course after the main course was gone we had to have dessert. You would think that my mother would order something without chocolate, like a slice of apple pie, vanilla ice cream, coffee, something.
Instead she orders chocolate pudding pie. Enter sneezing fit. After a few rounds of sneezing and bless you's my dad and I begin poking fun at my mother's inability to give up chocolate.
After a few lame jokes and some silence, my dad bursts out with Achooclate!
Having a relatively similar sense of humor I instantly find this hilarious. My mom of course feels insulted and glares at us across the table for a bit until our laughter becomes infectious.
Ever since that dinner, anytime my mother is seen with chocolate by anyone in our household we call her Achooclate!


Have an odd nickname or a weird story behind how you got yours? Share it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment